Once upon a time, I couldn't wait to be 18. Before I knew it, nearly three decades had passed. This is me, being me, with all that being me entails.

09 June 2010

Off to see the wizard, um, eye doctor...

This will be the first eye exam I've had in four years. The last one I had, I got the glasses I currently wear. They're no line bifocals and they drive me crazy and always have.



So I am going to see the same eye doc my mom sees and see what he says about my eyesight.



I've worn glasses since I was 12 years old. For the most part, it hasn't been too bad. I was thinking about getting contacts this time. I haven't worn contacts in 20 years, and I'm sure they have improved immensely since 1990. If I can afford them, then I'll go that route. I'd love to kiss my glasses buh-bye! It'd be nice if I could walk into any store and buy a pair of regular sunglasses.







Let's kiss these suckers bye-bye!!

6 comments:

  1. man wouldn't it be sweet to not have to worry about glasses OR contacts? I want laser eye surgory so bad! cant afford it though...I got my glasses and contacts about 7 years ago and I havent worn either in the last 6 months..somehow I think that you can train your eyes to see what you need to see lol...yea right...just laziness

    ReplyDelete
  2. My ex-boyfriend (who I'm still very good friends with) likes to pick on me cause my eye sight is crap. One eye is near sighted and the other is far sighted...so my contacts are expensive as are my lenses. I feel your pain. you can get pretty good deals online for different contacts, I used to use Contact Lens King.com before I became too cheap to buy them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I dislike both!! But its my fault I have to wear glasses, when I was little I faked bad eyesight just so I could get glasses! Boy do I wish I had not done that! Oh well LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Trey-- I'm too chicken to get the surgery because as sure as I sit here, it will turn out that it ruins your eyesight twenty years from now or something just as bizarre...Contacts I can deal with, surgery...not so much! LOL

    @Kelsie-- I'm cheap, too, so anyplace I can get contacts at an affordable price is all right by me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. There just needs to be a pill to fix eyesight. That would be great. I hate it when I'm working & my glasses slip off when my arms are full. Then again, when I wore contacts, they would suddenly pop out at the most inconvenient moment.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Andy-- my contacts would constantly dry out (working in a call center with hundreds of computers didn't help). Eye drops were my constant companion. It got to be a drag after a while.

    I'd take a pill to fix my eyesight in a New York minute! LOL

    ReplyDelete