Once upon a time, I couldn't wait to be 18. Before I knew it, nearly three decades had passed. This is me, being me, with all that being me entails.

16 June 2010

Around the Corner...and up your alley

I got an especially early start this morning, so I decided to head over to Broadway to grab some breakfast at Around the Corner.

I go here mainly to people watch. Seems like that a lot of long time Edmondites gather here to eat and shoot the breeze.

And I've been there on more than one occasion so the wait staff knows who I am by sight, but probably not by name.

So this morning I'm in there about 8am or so having breakfast, looking at all the stuff on the walls (basically a lot of Edmond history), and see this picture of the old Edmond High School, class of 1928-29! The building is the same then as now, though now it's called Boulevard Academy, and Edmond High School is now on 15th Street and called Edmond Memorial High School (home of the Bulldogs).

I'm playing around on my BlackBerry, trying to get Twitter for BlackBerry to work properly, and Kevin Ogle from KFOR walks in the door...all 6' 8" of him (holy cow, he's a big guy!). You never realize how tall he is until you see him in person. He's obviously been there many times because everyone knows him there (and not because he's on the TV news, either). He is joined a little later by Jim Gardner, the "Bob Moore Chopper 4" pilot, and an older man whom I don't know.

Not that I'm going to make a habit of going to Around the Corner, but it's a nice little local place, and for a relative "newcomer" (7 1/2 years), it's a nice place to be.

----------

The story I've been writing for the last month and a half just got more interesting last night. The twelve year old female character (her name is Julia), defended her way of life and her brothers by shooting and killing soldiers with evil intentions.

Basically, the story is one of what would happen if a group of people took over the government of the United States illegally, and they decided that certain segments of the population were "Undesirables". These outcasts then join together to fight for their way of life and restoration of the legitimate government. Julia is the second generation to have to deal with the illegal government, and she's pissed off. The illegal government's army have murdered Julia's guardians, and she's looking for revenge...even if it takes the rest of her life to accomplish.

That's a synopsis of sorts. I may post it at some point, but it will be after this blogging class is long over.

---------

I better pay attention to Dr. Clark now...

7 comments:

  1. Funny story...I actually shot Kevin Ogle's family Christmas pictures. It was so hard to balance his tiny family around him, but they turned out so cute. Yup, he's huge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Umm...I've worked with Brent Weber when he used to work for Channel 25 news team. I still have him on my phone. He's been in a couple shows I've stage managed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a good plot, Id love to read it when your done with it...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha. On tv he's the same hieght as the gal next to him. I wonder if they even give him a chair, or if he's sitting on a pillow on the floor. :p

    ReplyDelete
  5. sounds good to me!! Do a twisted ending!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ALL of FOX25 gets there hair done at the salon I work at...for free...most of them are pretty cheap..some dont even leave tips..its pretty halarious to see the women come in...(with no make up)..then leave looking COMPLETLEY different!

    BTW I LOVE around the corner!

    ReplyDelete