Once upon a time, I couldn't wait to be 18. Before I knew it, nearly three decades had passed. This is me, being me, with all that being me entails.

13 June 2010

First night in new place

...and since I don't have internet here yet, I am blogging from my BlackBerry.

The whole moving of the furniture was an adventure of its own and could be a whole post by itself. It's the day before when Daniel, Jeff and Scott were helping me out that was the most interesting.

Then Scott girlfriend/fiancee Sarah wanted to help out. And she did some, but most of the time she wanted Scott's undivided attention...never mind that he's helping me move!

I should've paid more attention when Sarah said she was "a spoiled rich girl" and proud of that fact. When Scott did have to take his attention from her, she pretended to sulk.

Please tell me I wasn't like that when I was her age (19)...!

Still in all, I like Sarah way more than that Amanda chick Daniel was dating a couple years back. Now that girl was a mess!

At least she wasn't helping me move!

I'm still not done in the old place. Still a lot of cleaning, packing and throwing away stuff. But I have til the end of the month, so another two weeks.

I'm gonna be one tired mama when I get thru!
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

4 comments:

  1. Gah, I really don't like moving. So much energy spent on moving junk to a new place to store the junk.
    I really don't think I'm moving ever again (unless I win the Powerball that I never play).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate moving..i lived in the same horrible apartment for two years for the simple fact that I didnt want to move!! LOL I love the way you talk about your son's girls:) Sound like my mom!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Being a teenager is a terrible thing. The only thing worse than being a teenager is having to deal with them as an adult.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Andy-- Moving lost its charm years ago. Blame being a military spouse! I know you know this LOL

    @Amanda-- I like Scott's girl, but sometimes she gets on my nerves. And since they'll get married at some point (in the future...), I don't want to be the mother in law from hell. Now that gal my oldest (Daniel) was seeing...she was a drama queen from the git go.

    @Aimee-- If I were as annoying as a teenager as some of the ones I encounter seem to be, please don't tell me. LOL

    ReplyDelete