Once upon a time, I couldn't wait to be 18. Before I knew it, nearly three decades had passed. This is me, being me, with all that being me entails.

03 June 2010

I was too a kid once...

I had to post this picture. A friend from my childhood posted this on her Facebook page. It's from (I think) 1976.

From top, left to right:
Cynthia T., Cynthia F.,
my sister Tori,
a girl whose name I don't remember, Leila,
and me up front.

My how time flies.

Cynthia T., her husband and two young sons live outside of Dallas; my sister and her husband live here in Edmond with their kids; Leila lives with her family in Southern California;

Cynthia F., sadly, is no longer with us. She passed away two years ago at the end of this month from cancer. She is survived by her husband, her daugher, and her son.

I wish I could think of that other girl's name...

Sometimes, it bites to be a grown up.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, getting older has benefits, but stinks in some ways. I'd like to think that immaturity keeps me young, but so far it isn't working.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's photographs like this one that keep me inspired. I love it so much.

    ReplyDelete