Once upon a time, I couldn't wait to be 18. Before I knew it, nearly three decades had passed. This is me, being me, with all that being me entails.

01 June 2010

Those who don't remember the past are condemned to repeat it

Therefore, I'll start at (almost) the beginning...

I'm Stef. I live in the Oklahoma City Metro area and am a Broadcasting senior at the University of Central Oklahoma.

I came to Oklahoma on a wet, snowy night two days before Christmas in 2002. Except for four months in Wyoming to take a job (a learning experience), I've been here ever since.

I am the mom of four sons, ages 16-26. No girls, sorry to say. I'm hoping for granddaughters. It's going to be a long wait. My oldest son is a freshman at UCO, and though he hasn't really declared a major, he'll probably pick graphic design. He's been an artist (and a damn good one...but I'm his mom, so what I say doesn't really count) since he was about 7 years old.

So what do I bring to this blog? Well, for one, I've been blogging since 2003. My current blog is over on wordpress, and it's called "where it's @ !~". If you want to check it out, be my guest.

Two, I think I'm a pretty decent writer. It's mostly poetry and short stories... and the aforementioned blog.

Three, I have definite opinions on a lot of things. Since my 80 year old mother doesn't like to hear me opine about the stuff that truly pisses me off, I blog. She doesn't read it anyway. She's computer illiterate and proud of it.

And lastly, I love music and always have. I've been a self described "rock chick" from the moment I heard bands like Led Zeppelin, Aerosmith, and Kiss. My current hard rock/heavy metal obsession (a decade strong) is the band Disturbed. It's from one of their songs that I took the name I chose for this blog. After all, I must be perfectly insane to be in college at this late date, like the music I do, and live the life I do. They definitely broke the mold when I came along, much to my parents relief.

So... this is me, my life, and my blog. Feel free to leave comments-- good, bad or indifferent. Oh, and follow me if you would.

Thank you for your support-- Stef

4 comments:

  1. Love Led Zeppelin! My ringtone is D'yer Ma'ker!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool! Thanks for the comment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will follow you around on the blogosphere....just don't take out a restraining order!

    ReplyDelete